I am looking for (introductory) references on the empirical studies on the practice of OR.
I mean literature that looks at questions like:
- Which methods are used in practice?
- How do people interact with the optimization software?
- What factors contribute to the acceptance of optimization software among employees?
- What is the gap between theory and practice in the algorithms used?
- How long is the same model used/useful?
- What is the gap between the solutions output by OR-methods and the solutions implemented?
Maybe one could say all the OR-questions that don't revolve around the OR-methodology (i.e. modeling and solving the models). Or maybe one could say, literature on the things that happen before the modeling or after the development of the algorithm. If there is a book or a review paper, that would be ideal.
Does such literature exist?