I am doing research on optimizing a simple buffer allocation and need to run my model. I am new to this but someone told me about using Gurobi and I do not for the life of me know how to create the following LP model. Can someone please help me on the right path?
The situation is as follows:
- There are 5 machines in the line each with a buffer in between in the form of:
- b0 -> M1 -> b1 -> ... M5 -> b5, with M being the machines and b being the buffers.
- b0 has a continuous flow of units into the line
- b5 has an infinite capacity
- The rest of the buffers have a finite capacity and is what needs to be optimized.
- k is the max capacity per buffer
- b_i (t) is the actual amount of units per buffer at moment t, at t=0 all buffers are empty.
- v_i is the nominal production rate of the machine
- th_i(t) is the number of units moved from b_(i-1) to b_i in step t.
- The objective function is to maximize the sum of b_5, which is the sum of the actual amount of units in the last buffer.
- t = 0, ..., 360
- The speeds still need to be defined.
I am not an operations researcher in anyway, so this is all new and unfortunately I cannot post any producible sample or show how far I have come already, as I have nothing and don't totally understand it as of yet.