I have a startup idea and I am coming from a CS background.
The startup tries to solve the following problem. A company having a set of employees that needs to visit several "customers" each day. The employees' mission consist of charge vending machines, repair elevators, install furniture etc.
There are several aspects to take into account:
- Each employee has some availability: working hours, week-ends, vacancies etc.
- Each task can be done only by a subset of the employees that have the required set of "skills".
- The "clients" have real-geographical points and the employees use the GPS in their vehicles to move between points. So, somehow the "distances" are the time to get from one point to another.
- Some clients have only time windows in which they are available. An employee cannot visit a non-available client.
- Is there other real-world aspects that are crucial and that I need to take into accounts?
- Is there a name for this problem?
- Is there some books/papers etc. that talk thoroughly about the problem?
- Do you know about existing applications in industry that solve the same problem?
PS: Sorry, I am not a native english-speaker.