A vacuum robot runs on randomized direction when it is operating in a room.
I want to know how long it takes to fully cover the whole area (or at least most part of the area) with given information:
- the area in the room is 10 square meters.
- the dimension of the round shape robot is 40 centimeter.
- the robot travels at a speed of 20 meters per minute.
- the robot only travels straightly.
- the robot forwards to a random direction when hit the wall.
Below the left is a vacuum robot. The right is the imagination of a working robot.
I'm not sure if it relates to routing problem or other Operations Research method. (neither sure if it is a problem that can be optimized by Operation Research but just allow me to put it here.)
Can you please advise how to solve this problem? Thank you