Some time ago, I wrote this answer: https://or.stackexchange.com/a/3323/405 to a question here on this stack exchange. I've had similar discussions with colleges, but I never found anything written down on "meta topics". So I thought, probably someone else knows much more about this then me.
Actual Question: I am looking for literature about operations research. In particular sources that look at it from a meta perspective. Examples of what I would consider "meta-questions" would be:
- Is operations research a form of engineering, an inductive or a deductive science?
- How is long term progress achieved and measured in operations research?
- How do the different subfields interact?
- Is there a theory to practice pipeline?
- Is there a pipeline in the opposite direction?
- How long are the pipelines?
- What differentiates operations research from the neighboring disciplines?
TL,DR: Are there any meta papers about operations research?